FREE Comics Manga Download

FREE Comics Manga Download
FREE Comics Manga Download

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Roundtable: New Green Lantern Movie Trailer

Tagged with: Comic Book Movies  Green Lantern  Green Lantern Movie  News  RoundtableNew Green Lantern TrailerDuring the 2011 WonderCon convention an all new Green Lantern trailer debuted. The trailer was a slight departure from the first one featuring a heavy dose of Oa, the Green Lantern Corps, more action, and a louder, more profound soundtrack. The new footage is spreading around the internet like a scandalous celebrity photo and has been well received by just about everywhere, so we thought we’d add our two cents with a roundtable. If you haven’t already you can watch the new trailer below, check out our thoughts, then share your own.

Geoff Arbuckle Writer, reviewer, Geek Life & editor

Wow. I knew this was going to be a very different movie than what we’ve seen before in the superhero genre. It had to rely on much heavier cosmic and sci-fi elements, much like Thor has to rely heavily on mythology. It could so easily look silly or downright stupid, but that’s not what we get here. It’s pretty freakin’ awesome looking!

I’m not at all concerned with Ryan Reynolds. He’s an actor and a professional, so he’ll do the best job he can and if he failed, he failed, but I wasn’t worried about the casting. What worried me more was how Oa and the other members of the Corps would look. Bottom line…the members of the Corps look awesome and Oa looks really cool too. The only thing I have to say to Warner Bros. is this: “I’ll hand you my wallet…take whatever you think is appropriate. All you have to do is give me a movie ticket to view your cool movie.”

John Barringer Head Editor & writer

Wow, what a difference from the first trailer. Loved seeing a lot of Oa and all the different members of the Green Lantern Corps, not to mention how beautiful the score sounds. And despite the heavy CG everything looked really good; this gets me significantly more excited for the movie. Hopefully Sinestro is as involved in the movie as he was in this trailer. However, the romantic comedy-Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively that worried me a little in the first trailer were absent from this one but are more than likely still a big part of the actual movie. My only concern is that this trailer was edited to calm some of the concerns and negative responses from the first trailer while the movie itself is still the same.

Phillip Carson Writer, reviewer & editor

Initially, I wasn’t too impressed with the Green Lantern movie. I wasn’t feeling Ryan Reynolds as Hal, and the whole tone of the first trailer just felt off. It was like they were trying to copy Iron Man’s formula, mix humor with a well-known actor to bolster a lesser-known comic hero. But this new trailer dials up the Epic Factor to 11. Seeing all your favorite GL Corps. members rallying for battle (I’m still picking people out of the crowd scenes) to Sinestro’s speech turned me around.

Sinestro is probably the one thing I’m most excited about. He doesn’t just look like a normal guy with red make-up. He actually looks like an alien, with the over-sized head and lean, scrawny body. Straight out of the comics. It’s that attention to detail, honoring the comics but pushing the concepts into new areas, that really excites me. Some stuff still looks odd, like how the GLC meeting place looks more Lord of the Rings than Star Wars, but I’m definitely more open to seeing the film. Bring on GL!

Victor Kutsenok Writer & reviewer

I personally loved it. The lantern look amazing and the CGI of their powers are great. I’m still not buying Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. He always looks like he has a smile on his face. It’s like he knows a joke and isn’t telling it to anybody but its cracking him up on the inside. HIt seems like Mark Strong may have blown this one out of the park. As a huge Green Lantern fan, when I heard the lines “I don’t need to tell you you’re duty. I don’t need to tell you who we are.” followed by “WE ARE THE CORPS! WE ARE THE CORPS! WE ARE THE CORPS!” it sent massive chills down my spine, and I honestly was close to tears.al Jordan, to me, has always been a serious character, along the lines of Batman. Ryan would make a great Joker, but I’m not sure of him as Hal. That still didn’t stop me from thinking that this movie will be AWESOME.

Mason Moyer Writer & reviewer

It seems like Mark Strong may have blown this one out of the park. As a huge Green Lantern fan, when I heard the lines “I don’t need to tell you you’re duty. I don’t need to tell you who we are.” followed by “WE ARE THE CORPS! WE ARE THE CORPS! WE ARE THE CORPS!” it sent massive chills down my spine, and I honestly was close to tears.

Tom Parry Writer & reviewer

Its no secret how I feel about the current state of the Green Lantern comics, and how far Hal has fallen from my favorite character, but no amount of bad writing in the comic book universe could keep me away me from this film. This is a movie I’ve wanted to see since before I even really got into comic books, and thus every bit of inofrmation has managed to get me excited (well, maybe not the announcement of Geoff Johns’ involvement, and the subsequent renaming of Legion to Parallax, but still)… this is no exception.

That said, however, this has an added benifit of giving me chills. Yes, chills. Now I’ll admit that I get chills in movies a lot (I get engrossed in films easily), but I can’t think of another time that I have ever felt them during a trailer. Sinestro’s rally of the Corps was awe-inspiring, the newly rendered suits look astonishing (much better than the almost frightful shot at the end of first trailer), and the Corps members themselves. Wow. Just wow. Nevermind the cut down origin presented, which feels plucked right from the comics, themselves. Its really hard for me to take a step back and criticize this harshly as there was just too much cool in it for me. I do think that the many anti-Geoff era fans will call foul on this movie (if only for the inclusion of the Parallax entity, which I maintain as a stupid replacement for Lgion), and may even boycott it… but those who understand the art of a film adaptation should all be more than thrilled to see this footage, and will undoubtedly be lining up to see the film’s midnight showing.

I know I will be.

To see a higher resolution of the trailer visit YouTube here or the main Green Lantern site here.

You can read our roundtable discussion for the first trailer here.

You might also like...Green Lantern Movie Update: Rob Liefeld quotes

Roundtable: First Full Length Green Lantern Trailer

Kick-Ass Trailer Debut

Web Juice! #5

By BlogsdnaTagged with: Comic Book Movies  Green Lantern  Green Lantern Movie  News  RoundtableLeave a ReplyClick here to cancel reply

Your name (Required)

Your e-mail (Your email won't be published) (Required)

Your website

-->The Author

This post was added on 5 Apr 2011, 8:16 by John Barringer who has contributed 348 posts to this blog.

InformationPosted in Blog & News, Comic Book Movies, Green LanternThis post has no comments yet. Write your own comment.54 views on this postSubscription

Subscribe by RSS feed or by e-mail address to receive latest news and updates.

Subscribe by RSS feed

Hot topicsRecent TopicsMost ViewedMost DiscussedThe Guild: Tink ReviewBecoming a Fan of DC Comics: Geek Life5 Things Not to Fear About Fear ItselfFan Fiction | Titans: InterventionReasonably Priced Comics #2 ReviewKick-Ass 2 #2 Review5 Ronin ReviewGotham City Sirens #21 ReviewTeen Titans #93 ReviewBlake Lively Cast As Carol Ferris In Green Lantern viewed 62,335 timesTop 10 Best Superhero Movies Ever viewed 47,853 timesGreen Lantern Movie News: 5 Candidates For Carol Ferris viewed 38,744 timesTop 10 Hottest Marvel Heroines viewed 17,410 timesWonder Woman Movie: Brent Strickland Interview viewed 14,910 timesTop 10 Comic Book Girls I’ve Crushed On viewed 14,125 timesTop 10 Worst Marvel Superhero and Villain Costumes viewed 11,906 timesStar Sapphire Corps: Corps Profile viewed 11,435 times10 Non-Obvious Batman 3 Villains viewed 10,771 timesTop 10 Lamest DC Comics Villains viewed 10,258 timesGenecy #1 Review discussed 48 timesTop 10 Best Superhero Movies Ever discussed 35 times10 Non-Obvious Batman 3 Villains discussed 24 timesWhy There Can Never Be a Successful Batman and Robin Movie discussed 21 timesTop 10 Worst Marvel Superhero and Villain Costumes discussed 14 timesUncanny X-Force #5 Review discussed 14 timesTop 10 Lamest DC Comics Villains discussed 13 timesTop 10 Hottest Marvel Heroines discussed 12 timesRundown On Blackest Night Ring Promo discussed 12 times10 Needs For Smallville Season 10 discussed 12 timesAll Our C2E2 CoverageAll Our C2E2 Coverage!See All Our Favorites From 2010!All Our 2010 Favorites!All Our Comic Book ReviewsOur Comic Book ReviewsAll Our Top 10s ListsTop 10 ListsFollow us on TwitterFollow us on TwitterA COMIC BOOK BLOG wants to know…

Are you sold on digital comics yet?

Yes No

View Results

Most Recent CommentsGeoff Arbuckle on Becoming a Fan of DC Comics: Geek LifePookDogg on Becoming a Fan of DC Comics: Geek LifeGeoff Arbuckle on 5 Things Not to Fear About Fear ItselfGeoff Arbuckle on Becoming a Fan of DC Comics: Geek LifeVictor Kutsenok on Becoming a Fan of DC Comics: Geek LifePopular TagsAvengersBatmanBlackest NightBrian Michael BendisCover of the WeekDeadpoolGail SimoneGeoff JohnsGreen LanternHulkIron ManMarvelPreviewsreviewReviewsSiegeSmallvilleSupermanThorTVWolverineX-MenArchivesApril 2011March 2011February 2011January 2011December 2010November 2010October 2010September 2010August 2010July 2010June 2010May 2010

Copyright © 2011 A COMIC BOOK BLOG. All rights reserved.

Powered by WordPress. Developed by Deluxe Themes

0 comments:

Post a Comment